A bit over four years ago I fired Drupal in favor of Jekyll.
Any static site generator is a huge step in the right direction from using a CMS that averages a security vulnerability patch per month, and Jekyll was one of the first. That said, time has not been kind to Jekyll, and Ruby was making me angrier and angrier every time I rebuilt the blog site.
A month ago I got fed up and asked Gaige for some help converting the blog to run on Pelican, which is written in Python. He quickly obliged. Then I sat on it for a month.
Today, I got it cut over. The only Ruby left in my life is Homebrew. That makes me happy.
Bye-bye, Jekyll and Ruby!